Re: Wildcard replace and no 64k limit

At 09:25 AM 5/15/96 PDT, Doug Beeson wrote:

><< And isn't learning to program
>XPL an end in itself?
>
>It sure is, although I think more people might get interested if XPL looked >on screen a
little more like BASIC and a little less like Assembler. I mean, >I love to program, but I
can only look so many hours at those little Euro >quotes before my retinas go on prolonged
walkout.

Hey, that's why I wrote XyBasic. It began as an XPL program to make the typing of
euroquotes etc. easier. Ended up as an .exe file that simulates
BASIC. Sample written in XyBasic follows:

; a program that I used when I changed to a larger, non-partitioned
;  drive--I needed to change the references in a lot of .bat files
;  from f:\ to c:\ com "se *.bat/f:/"      ; search across disk for "f:"
in a .bat
file
'bx print "cv /f:\/c:\/"   ; do a change-verify to c: (within file)
'q2                   ; "com" uses BC and XC pairs--I wanted BX/Q2
'bc print "store changes? (y/n)" ; ask if want to save? if inkey$ = "y" then
com "st"
; inkey$ accepts one byte input

Regards,
Harry