Re: keyboard glitch

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> ** Reply to message from Leslie Bialler  on Tue, 19 Nov
> 2002 14:25:45 -0500
>
> > The next step would be to
> > temporarily rename your customized keyboard as, say, backup.kbd or
> > whatever and reload your uncustomized, standard-issue keyboard file.
>
> Umm, that's rather drastic.

How so? Temporarily renaming a file and loading another one in its stead is
drastic? At least I didn't ask the original poster to repartition his hard drive.
Now _that_ would have been drastic! ;-)

> If I went back to the factory-issue KBD file, I'd
> be in deep trouble. Why not simply look at the single misbehaving key
> assignment, and compare to the factory file (for clues), but in any event just
> fix it? What does that one key assignment say?

Because the original poster at first did not know whether or not the problem
stemmed from the keyboard file (indeed in his initial post he seemed to think he
had not made any recent changes to it) or elsewhere. I merely suggested he load
the standard-issue file temporarily in order to discover whether the problem was
in fact in his keyboard file. We discovered that the problem _was_ in the file,
the gentleman thanked me, and in a subsequent post I suggested he now do precisely
as you recommend, so there should now be smiles all around.

I certainly do hope so.

:-)

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)