Re: off topic: Grammer Question

Caballero wrote:
There are some English phrases that leave so much unclear that the
translator simply needs to know more than the bare words can deliver
(e.g., "invariable false calculation trap routine").
Ah, yes. I once was editing some prose that contained the phrase "a calibrated tungsten filament lamp." Wishing to know how to hyphenate it, I queried the subject editor thus:
Is this
a lamp with a filament of calibrated tungsten?
a calibrated lamp with a tungsten filament?
a filament lamp (whatever that might be) made of calibrated tungsten?
He was not amused. Nor did he answer my question. Not in any way printable, at least.
Patricia M. Godfrey