Re: styles, win98 workaround question

Harry.

First, I mistakenly reported my situation; actually have been loading from \windows\start menu\programs\startup. Seems as if other programs loading take foreground away from XY, relegating it to the taskbar. With either "normal window" or "maximized" (PIF Properties) checked, same result. I'll keep playing around with this; thanks for your input.

Fred Weiner.

On 5/19/06, Harry Binswanger mailto:hb@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>Is there a way to keep win98 from relegating XY4DOS to minimized on the
>taskbar when loaded via it's .pif from autoexec.bat? I want XY to be up
>there on screen after the boot process completes.

Am I missing something, or isn't this just a setting in the .PIF?
Right-click on the icon, Properties, Program tab, then under Run, you
select "Normal Window."

Or is the issue that you are using autoexec.bat to do the loading? If so,
don't. Instead, put the shortcut into the Startup folder.

Harry Binswanger
mailto:hb@xxxxxxxx