RE: search/replace program

I've occasionally encountered that problem in WordPerfect. But WP's scripting language has a useful function, KerningSpacing(), which gives direct access to its "manual kerning" (microspacing) facility. Using it, I created a microspacing command. To add, say, seventeen-thousandths of an inch between two chars, I issue KN 17, and it's done. That's the kind of facility we need, but will never have, in Xy. I don't think NBWin has it, either.
Although that would be useful to add to NBWin, what is needed to make the
XyWrite engine more generally useful is a formatting bar a la Quark. If
XyWrite could be turned into a simple but high quality typesetting engine,
so that we could output directly from it, instead of having to bring text
into a typesetting program, then I think it would earn some commercial
popularity. I don't see why doing this should be beyond the capabilities of
the NB group.