XPL, DLG, etc. - part 2

Before using XyWrite to "write code," I was a professional
writer. From 1969 to a few years ago, I was involved full-time
in editing and producing textbooks for elementary and high-school
book publishers, indexing professional books, etc. I used
XyWrite from III onward, and even sold some add-in programs
through XyQuest's third-party program.

My immediate supervisor, Doug Kramer, came to XyQuest after work
as a technical writer. Neither of us were assembly programmers.
In fact, on the engineering side of the partition, the engineers
were *not* using XyWrite, which is not really suitable for
coding.

I added many features to XY4 and refined many others. In almost
*all* cases, it was my experience as a writer and as a III+
enthusiast that informed my work. Some of the features include
the log/restore system, outlining (with true alignment on the
periods, which to my knowledge *no* one else can do), and some
desktop publishing features like dropped caps that were under
development when I left. Features like these (granted, not
everyone needs them) are difficult bordering on impossible from
the command line.