Screen Font Problem

For the second time in about two years, I have a strange screen font problem
in XyWin (latest version - 4.13). The font I use most is Time New Roman.
Recently, the on-screen display changed from Times New Roman to a different
font. When I use the Font Diagnostics to check what's going on, the first
two lines do indeed show Times New Roman (12PT for size on the first line,
0PT for size on the second line). The third line, however, lists UMTT10,
which is apparently the clue to what's going on: I recently installed an
upgrade of another program (Scientific Workplace, in part a
quasi-user-friendly front end for LaTex), which includes a TTF font called
UMTT10. What I don't understand is why XyWin is picking up that font for
screen display. It's in a completely different directory; in fact, it's on a
different partition (e:\ rather than c:\, where xywin is located). Needless
to say, I also don't know how to fix the problem.

The first time I had this problem, it seemed to be caused by a similar
upgrade of another program, which also included various new fonts. My
"solution," which I really can't repeat this time, was to uninstall the
upgrade of that other program. That brought back the proper screen display
of Times New Roman.

Any ideas about how to fix this?

Thanks in advance