Re: XyWrite in a big CRT monitor

I'm running XyWrite 4.018 on a Dell laptop in a window (Win95), not because
it's too large otherwise (it's a full-screen window), but because in
full-screen mode the characters are ugly and in windowed mode they are sharp
and crisp.

That's why it's usually necessary to run XY4 in a window -- the fonts are so much better than in full-screen mode. On my 1600x1200 Dell laptop, I use Lucida Console for the screen font, set to 28 points, and I still get 40 lines. It looks much better than any of the alternatives. Manuel, what OS are you using? It might be possible to offer some fine-tuning suggestions if we had more details.