Re: Xy as database handler?

Why reinvent the wheel.

Because it's fun. And besides, I don't want to reinvent the whole wheel,
just one small sector.
But thanks for the Ibidem and Orbis recommendations. I have to re-install
NB 8 and try them for this purpose.

This is something that Notabene should be
able to do for you, out of the box. The Ibidem-Plus module allows
you to set up a structured database, search it quickly, index it on
any field you desire, and to design your own reports, including
export to CSV. Ibidem-Plus is part of the regular Notabene package.
So is Orbis, which quickly and efficiently indexes and allows
searches in HUGE quantities of text.

Best,

Bill TeBrake
UMaine, History