Re: Edit multiple copies of a file

At 09:51 AM 4/16/97 -0400, Nathan wrote:
>As for editing parts of the same file in 2 windows and making sure changes
>in both are saved, PC-Write, which a decade ago reached perfection of its
>kind, did it neatly. Every time you change from Window 1 to Window 2, the
>version of the same file in Window 1 is automatically saved, and vice versa.

I don't think that is a good idea (unless I'm missing something), because
that means that if you are simply *considering* a change and then switch
windows, the original version is lost so that you can't ABort and get back
to it.

>If you do it that simply, no error trapping is needed. And dividing the
>screen into 2 windows takes only one stroke, as does calling a new file into
>either window, something XyWrite has never mastered.

Funny you should mention it. I wasted about 15 minutes today trying to
figure out how to do that in Xy4 (using the ctrl-F10 {func SW} facility).
Has anyone coded their .kbd to put two files in horizontally split windows
via a keystroke? I guess you could do it with the window n,n,n,n command, or
is their an easier way?

Regards,

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx