windows keyboard

>don't choose. Sheep! It's the single overriding reason why I can't abide
>XyWin: al the flexibility of the KBD file is compromised by these zillions of
>dedicated Windows keystrokes. Especially the Alt key. NotaBene for Windows
>seems
>to have acquiesced to it too, which is a bloody shame.

Just the question I was about to ask: how do you stop the ALT key in XyWin
also going to the menu at the top?

So far I have:
put in a NO in the keyboard assignations - had no effect
removed the & symbol in the relevant menu in XWMENU.MNU. It stopped ALT M
calling format but otherwise had no effect apart from removing the
underlining of the relevant letter in the top menu.
Prompted by this correspondence to have another go, and my success with Alt
M/Format I thought what about changing the names of all the top menu items?
Ooops and aaaargh! XyWrite crashes and will not restart with the altered
XWMENU.MNU. Still, a glance at XWMENU.MNU shows that my limited
understanding of XyWrite programming has been far outsripped by events so
maybe one of the whizzpersons on this list has an answer ...

Paul Williams