Re: Func DN deletes 'protected text'

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sat, 04 Dec
2004 22:58:08 -0500

> Thanks. Especially relevant since I've loaded DN onto Shift-Del
> (in analogy with Windows not using the Recycled Bin for stuff
> deleted with Shift-Del.

I thought it was the opposite. Shift-Del cuts the selected block to
the clipboard, Del just deletes it.

By the way, there's a fourth block-delete function that I forgot to
mention yesterday. Func DD deletes the DeFined block (whether or
not it has been closed with a second press of the DeFine key), or if
nothing is DeFined, deletes the character under the cursor. The
deleted matter is saved in the Undelete buffer.

Func DD is arguably a more idiomatic, CUA-compliant choice for
Shift-Del than is DN. But this is XyWrite. To hell with copmliant;
do what works for you.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx