AutoHotXy in W2K

Taking a cue from Harry's recent observation that AutoHotKey (AHK)
scripts can be launched from the Xy CMline, I've been playing around
with the idea, and have come up with applications that I find
useful. I've illustrated a few of them in a quick-and-dirty, silent
video: an OPEN command that opens files in their associated Windows
applications, an ALARM/reminder function that is set from the
CMline, and an AutoSAve feature that automatically, and
unobtrusively, SAves the current XyWrite file at regular intervals.
(I've tried to build intelligence into AutoSAve, so that it doesn't
interfere with normal editing. Details in "Skip" Conditions, in the
Help frame.) All of these routines are shown running under W2K --
yes, W2K! -- in VBox.

Here's the video:

http://youtu.be/N-kx5THhwQ4

I've violated my own rule and recorded manual typing, errors and
all, but I was too tired to code a script or narrate. Also, I should
have made it clear that you can continue working in XyWrite (or any
other application) after setting an ALARM.

If you're a Jumbo U2 user and would like to try out these routines,
please download this file:

http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/AHK-XY.ZIP

Unzip all files into the directory that contains EDITOR.EXE. MErge
AHKPLUS.FRM into your U2 file, near the top of the file; don't SAve
the file -- rather, issue LOADHELP to SAve and reLOAD U2.
MErge AHKPLUS.INF into XYWWWEB.INF; these are the help screens, e.g.
HELP AHK; or HELP AUTOSAVE.

You may, but need not, install AutoHotKey to run these routines. One
of the nice features of AHK scripts is their portability. All they
require is that AutoHotKey.exe be in the path. (The above ZIP file
includes a copy of AutoHotKey.exe, renamed to AHK.EXE.)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx