Re: Wikipedia entry on XyWrite

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, Bill Troop wrote:

or maybe was just reading Firbank?
whose use of multiple dashes, question marks, exclamation points and of course ellipses - - can be catching . . . . . . ! - - - - - ! . . . . ? (frankly, I find his extravagant punctuation highly evocative and obviously very carefully worked out - - say, in 'Flower Beneath the Foot' where there is not so much as a white space misplaced. There's a very sensitively typeset Penguin of it in the US.

Dear Bill,
Ah! Someone else who knows Firbank! This list never ceases to delight me with its eclectic range of interests.
This student is extremely earnest and could use a big dose of Firbank's
irreverence. Alas, it's unlikely he'd connect with "Flower Beneath the
Foot" or "Concerning the Eccentricities of Cardinal Pirelli."

Cheers,
Carlo
thyrsus@xxxxxxxx