Re: Running xy 3+ under windows xp - aarrgghhh!

** Reply to message from "J. R. Fox"  on Mon, 23 Jun 2003
10:12:31 -0800

> What did you use prior to Xy ?

Memorite. CP/M running on a 64Kb memory Vector Graphic machine (that cost
EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLARS! hard to believe, but true -- boy, those weren't the
days). Before that, an Altos box that I built from a kit, with rows of lights
that blinked a lot -- great for addition and subtraction. When IBM issued the
first PC, I bought it, and my recollection is that XyWrite was not far behind
-- 1982 maybe? 1983? The IBM salesman -- he actually came to my house! to
plug everything together, and show me a little about DOS -- said XyWrite was
the best. He was right.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx