Re: Document conversion

Nathan Sivin wrote:

> I don't see what is wrong with the conversion filters that come
> with XY4. I have used most of the popular word processors. The
> XYDOS conversion works unproblematically for me

Unless you need to convert to a later version of MS Word, which is and
has long been the market standard. From what I gather, Word seems to
have changed its file format almost with each new release.
(Incompatibility = forced new sales / upgrades.) I haven't looked at
those old MasterSoft filters in years, but did they even go as high as
Word 6 ? Even if they did, wouldn't you need to let a more recent
version of Word import it and re-convert -- definitely a nuisance.

Jordan Fox