Re: Virus qua word

Reply to note from Harmon Seaver  Fri, 15 Aug 97
01:39:00 +0000

-> ... "viri" has already become fairly well established as the
-> the plural for computer viruses.

Hmmmm. An Alta Vista search on "viri near computer" returns 25
documents; whereas "viruses near computer" returns 11301.

-> Computerdom, as I'm sure you've already noticed, has strangely
-> twisted the English language in many respects. Besides the
-> slang terms, you'll see many words used in ways difficult for
-> the non-initiates to comprehend.

As a lawyer I'm shocked, shocked to hear that....

-CLD