Re: XyWrite in full screen mode on Win7 32 bit

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Mon, 19 Mar
2012 20:46:56 -0400

> It's not a bug, it's a feature. Use the "windowed" version and
> make it take up as much of the screen as you like. (Otherwise,
> I think the issue is hardware-determined.)

Avram, ask the manufacturer of your video adapter whether it can use
a Windows XP video driver in Windows 7. If so, install the driver,
and you'll have full-screen DOS. There is information here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926657

I've never tried this. There are probably trade-offs involved. Some
Win7 video effects will be sacrificed, and I've read that XP video
drivers can cause crashes in Win7. Nevertheless, it may work for
you.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx