From: Martin J. Osborne
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 3:30 PM
Subject: Upper ASCII characters in XyWrite under vDosXy

I've run into a variant of a problem I've had before with upper ASCII
characters in XyWrite.  Instead of the characters displaying, I see
their ASCII numbers in square brackets.  For example, instead of an
alpha, I see [294].

I understand that the problem has to do with the code page.  I think I
need code page 437.  (My settings file says
df la 437
which seems to be correct.)  In the past I have encountered the problem
on some, but not all, hardware, and have solved it by following the
instructions at
http://www.xywrite.com/ttg/appnotes/app111.txt
But those instructions clearly don't apply to vDosXy.  Is there any way
of solving the problem in vDosXy?

Thanks
Martin

--
Martin J. Osborne
http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne

Theoretical Economics, a journal of the Econometric Society
http://econtheory.org
Follow TE: http://twitter.com/EconTheory