Re: left shift introduces space

Paul wrote:
When I press the left shift key in XY4 with no other key it inserts a space at the cursor. (I usually use this key to wake up my PC when it has gone to sleep.) Right shift does not do this, though I notice that ALT-GR and Right-CTRL do too. I have copied the contents of the right shift keyboard entry to left shift, to no effect. Can anybody suggest why this is and how to correct it?
In the DEFINITIONS stanza at the top of the kbd file, do you have:

SHIFT=42,54,n
If so, you might try putting a semicolon in front of the entry for 42 in the first table. That comments it out.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx