Re: Valediction

At 1/12/2004 05:20 PM -0500, Patricia M Godfrey wrote:
On Sat. Jan. 10, 2004, Robert wrote (permanently) in this maillist soon>.

I've been getting help for so long on this list -- I think, perhaps, as early as 1980's when I encountered XyWrite as a complement to ATEX at the Times -- that I have taken for granted the generosity (there is no other word for it) that Carl and Robert have offered here, consistently. Thank you is not enough, of course, though both blanche (I'm guessing) at anything more cloying. Like Patricia, I enjoy the flames -- how many times have the teachers on this list braced their own students? I have always been most grateful for the way the canon of work they created made my work easier. And since this is starting to sound funereal, I'll just say, thanks again, gentlemen, and, inspired by Patricia, offer Robert a coda: Vox audit perit litera scripta manet.

Michael Norman