Re: Icons in taskbar OT

Harry Binswanger  wrote:

> A thousand thanks to Paul! I downloaded the two programs, followed the
> instructions on the site and got Firefox icons to behave! I'm one very
> happy camper.

Well, that's good to hear. (But isn't it a bit cold in winter?) Meanwhile,
I've realized that I didn't read your original query close enough. I
thought that you were after what I am seeking, namely a way to retain
customized icons for DOS programs when their window is minimized to the
taskbar. MS says it can't be done, at least not for Win 2k:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q221531/

I do have the recollection that I did it at one point in XP, but for the
life of me cannot reproduce it at the moment (and all web searches so
far have been futile).

Aside to Patricia: this is not about icons in the Quick Launch area of
the taskbar which show up fine. It's about the icon that's shown in the
leftmost part of the title bar of the DOS (i.e. Xy) window and in its
corresponding tab on the taskbar. At the moment, all I get is the C
prompt icon, no matter what nice customized Xy pictorial I assign to the
shortcut.

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx