From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carl Distefano
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2014 6:58 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: VirtualBox: Can't start VM

Reply to note from "Harry Binswanger"  Sun, 27
Jul
2014 18:17:22 -0400

Harry:

> Using dropbox is a brilliant idea.

It works nicely, syncing your Xy setup across all machines
(desktop, netbook, etc.). One thing I highly recommend is to
assign the Dropbox folder to a drive letter via the SUBST
command--I use X: -- and put your main XyWrite program directory
one level down. (So, for example, in my system, X:\ is the
Dropbox, and X:\XY4 is my Xy
directory.) Do this on all of your machines. If you do Xy will
always be on the same d:\path on all of your machines. And you can
be confident that it's the same XyWrite setup on *every* machine.

By the way, when I shut down and restarted the VM, the keyboard
lag went away! Everything is snappy now. Very gratifying. I can't
tell you how thrilled I am to have Xy4 (complete with U2, external
32-bit programs [also saved in the Dropbox], and Python/XyPy)
running fullscreen seamlessly under 64-bit Windows. Halleluia!

PS: There's a tagline about unregistered febootimail being tacked
on to the mail messages I'm sending from Xy. My copy of
febootimail is actually registered -- wonderful freeware utility
for sending emails via the DOS command prompt, supports
attachments, HTML (if you really want it), etc., etc. -- but I
can't register it in the VM due to a missing DLL. I'm sure I'll
solve that little glitch in due time.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx