Re: NB 8 (Trial version)

** Reply to message from Correo Fenda  on Mon, 10 Apr
2006 15:32:14 +0200

> Please confirm the compatibility of COLORS with NB8. I have been
> attempting to customize FG/BG values (pale blue foreground on black
> background colors) without any success but maybe it's my fault, due to
> lack of familiarity with the utility. After selecting values for BG or
> FG, I am using D or P without any sucess. The default values are
> unchanged.

If you hit "P", you'd have to relaunch NB to force the new VAriable value to
take effect (i.e., so that the changed value in DFL is read). If you hit "E"
(Embed), it embeds as designed. With "D"efault, yes, I see what you're talking
about. COLORS is doing exactly what it should do, and you can confirm that on
the CMline by commanding VA/NV BG or FG: it returns the new DeFault values
that you have just set. But when you put your cursor in text, you get
different values -- and this happens with NEw windows as well, which is not the
way it should work. Bug in NB, not in COLORS.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx