Re: HP CG Times font

Reply to note from "Jim Nelson"  Fri, 21 Jul 2000
21:35:18 -0500

-> Any idea how to find this font independent of the HP set? I
-> would like to use it in display on a Web page (and even here in
-> this email)

Your question assumes that _you_ control how your e-mail and Web
pages look to other users, but the opposite is true. How your posts
and pages look depends entirely on the _reader's_ software, and mail
clients and browsers vary widely in their ability to render fonts,
formatting and HTML. So if you want your Web site and your e-mail
to be widely accessible, forget about fonts and other bells &
whistles, and strive for simplicity.

In e-mail (especially e-mail sent to a mailing list), this means
PLAIN TEXT -- no fonts, no formatting, and NO HTML! Would you
PLEASE configure your e-mail program accordingly? The following is
an approximation of what your post looks like to a subscriber whose
e-mail program can't handle HTML (or who prefers to disable it even
if it can). Note the cluttered, unfriendly look, and the bloat (the
message is nearly 10 times longer than it needed to be!):

------= NextPart 000 0045 01BFF35B.907DCBC0
	charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Any idea how to find this font independent of the HP set? I would
like to use it in display on a Web page (and even here in this
email) but can not figure out how to do it. Thanks.

------= NextPart 000 0045 01BFF35B.907DCBC0

[!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN"]
[HTML]
[HEAD]

[META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type]
[META content=3D'"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' name=3DGENERATOR]
[/HEAD]
[BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff]
[DIV][FONT face=3D"" size=3D3]Any idea how to find this font
independent =
of the HP=20
set?  I would like to use it in display on a Web page (and even
=
here in=20
this email) but can not figure out how to do it. =20
Thanks. [/FONT][/DIV][/BODY][/HTML]

------= NextPart 000 0045 01BFF35B.907DCBC0--

Not a pretty sight, eh?

And, finally, the connection to XyWrite is...?

Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/