ex1 vs. ex

Re the XPL instruction : following the advice of, I think Robert, I
have never used this, calling upon  instead.
Now I have a use for : to terminate a daughter program without going
back to its parent program. I want to do this kind of termination when
there is an error condition in running the daughter program--it will make
it easier to add ad hoc displays into the code.
I know  terminates all running XPL programs, but I don't generally
have any running in the background. Any reason not to use ? Any
problems with the program calling U2 routines?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx