RE: OED, CD-ROMS, Hard drives, etc.

Robert:

Re: Your comments on the Oxford English Dictionary.

How do you know about such stuff, and where can learn too. We too often take
for granted the source and design of the intellectual products we use.

Then you ask:

If anybody has any info about alternative (or hacked) search engines...

Is this the kind of application Digital's AltaVista could work in. If you are
not familiar with it, go to www.altavista.digital.com and check it out. They
are making a similar product for use on our PCs and I plan to install it next
week.

TR...

PS, A friend asked how to sign on to this site. I forgot. Could you tell me.