Re: overcoming the XP lag

** Reply to message from Si Wright  on Mon, 1 Nov 2004
21:19:27 -0800 (PST)

> The larger question ... is how to make XY4 work as
> fast under XP at 1.6 Ghz as it did a decade ago on
> Win95 at 75 Mhz. I know it's no longer running on a
> DOS kernel but on a Telnet or graphics DOS emulator,
> but is there any way to get it not to pause for those
> annoying milliseconds? Win98 compatibility mode has
> made no difference.

Be more specific: When exactly does it pause? Doing what? Mine runs like
lightning under XP, full screen, fast CPU. No lag whatsoever that I discern,
in any operation.

XyWrite wasn't written for Win98, so there was never any Win98 compatibility
intended or contemplated. It was written for DOS, full screen -- as I imagine
you know, "Si". Which SP level are you at? SP2 solves some cursor issues, as
did SP4 in W2K. But first, may I ask who you are? We're all friends here...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx