Re: Directory sort-order

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Hi, gang.

For directory sort-order, I use: h,d,r. In Xy, I establish this in startup.int. But in NotaBene, it seems you can't do it that way; it just doesn't "take." So I'm trying work-arounds. Is there any default in settings.dfl to set for this? Or, is the sort-order that's in force stored in some variable?

Thanks.

Harry Binswanger
mailto:hb@xxxxxxxx

If I've got your question right, I think (tho not sure) that you're right about not being able to fix NB.INI for sort order the way you can fix Xy's STARTUP.INT.

But if you go to NB help, and look up Directory Sort, it will give you directions about arranging the sort order after a DIR command.

Here's what it says:

To sort the folder (or directory):

1 Press F9 to access the command line
2 Type order followed by a space and then one of the modifiers listed below.  If more than one modifier is used, separate the modifiers with a comma.  For example, to sort by filename in reverse order (z to a) the command would be: order f,r
3 Press F10 to sort directories.

 Available modifiers are:

f to sort by filename
e to sort by extension
d to sort by last saved date and time
s to sort by size
p to sort by path name
r to sort in reverse order (used in addition to other modifiers)
h to add a header on top of directory

Once you type in the sort order,  each time you request a directory it will be sorted according to your specifications until you close Nota Bene.  To clear the sort command type F9 order F10.  Order does not rearrange the files stored on disk.  It simply rearranges the way the list of those files is displayed.

And that seems to work. But maybe that's not what you asked.

Nicholas Clifford
mailto:clifford@xxxxxxxx

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5410 (20100830) __________

http://www.eset.com