Syntax highlighter for Xy in PsPad or some other external editor

Hi all,

I have been trying to enable PsPad (http://www.pspad.com/en/) to show Xy codes in user highlighter mode. When I make a User Highlighter definition with 'Allowed chars in KeyWords' as NOT INCLUDING '«»' and 'Keywords' as MDNM etc., I get highlights for MDNM etc., but if I include '«»' and set 'Keywords' as «MDNM», they show properly only if not directly followed by a character, that is '«MDNM» word' is ok, but '«MDNM»word' shows no highlight. This depends on the internal workings of PsPad, so I think PsPad is not able show proper formatting for XyWrite. Has someone tried something similar with success? Is there a better candidate for editing Xy files externally with highlighting?

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx