Re: International keyboard layouts - solved

Reply to note from Edward Mendelson  Sat, 22 Nov 2014
21:48:47 -0500

Edward,

Thank you very much for this. A little Googling suggests that your ZIP archive
contains the latest version (v2.01) of these binaries. There's another
archive, KEYB201.ZIP, which has the same binaries and documentation,
packaged differently, here:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/keyb/2.01/

The above site also has a bug report (keyb_mem.dif) about a memory leak. A
look at the v2.01 source code indicates that the alleged bug has not been
fixed, but I have no idea whether or to what extent this has been an issue in
actual use. Since I use a U.S. keyboard, I'll leave it to others to report
their experiences.

My searches also turned up this Jan. 2011 post by our esteemed member Kari E.
noting KEYB.EXE's usefulness:

http://www.freelists.org/post/xywrite/FreeDOS-keybexe

--
Carl Distefano