Re: Windows 10 considerations

> Thanks for the tip. The link you provided, and a few others I
> followed, indicate that the "metered" option applies only to wireless
> networks. Mine is cabled.

Don't think it matters. I took my newphew's note to mean that there is
a way to tell the MS server that your connection is metered, even if
it's really not. And that seems to be supported by the link he sent:

"However, you can set any connection... as a metered connection.

"So, if you dont want Windows 10 automatically downloading updates on
your home network connection, just set it as a metered connection."

I don't have W10, so I'm not able to verify that there is a setting
somewhere that will spoof MS. Want me to ask my nephew for details?

  -otis