Re: Changing character sets in Xy4 [ was Re: TYP and XY3]

I would like to emphasize that, thanks to U2 utilities, it's perfectly
possible to convert from/to CP 437, 850 and 1252 without any flaw. If
you write in European languages, you can't consider CP437. I have been
using CP1252 since Robert put ansified XyWrite at our disposal. It's a
matter of choice, but only a minor (meaningful, for me) detail. Now I
can have in my text screen any kind of quotation mark (typographical
quotes, French quotes, single quotation marks, etc.) or dashes (en dash
and em dash) and they are perfectly preserved when I open an ansified
XyWrite file from other Windows programs.
Manuel Castelao