RE: Xywrite for 64 bit Windows 7

Nothing to contribute re Win 7, which I've barely tested, and not much liked what
I saw.  But this is probably where some will direct you towards Nota Bene.  Thus
far, I have used it mainly for printing, where it neatly resolves major problems Xy
has using contemporary printers.

Some time ago, Robert created an instructional video on how to transfer as much
as possible of the look, feel, and operation of Xy-4  to NB.  It is an .Flv file that you
can play on many desktop media players.  My intention is to implement it so that I
can use NB much more than I do at present, though I have not yet gotten around to
this.  I had supposed this video would be linked over at

http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/

but my quick search there did not find it.  Someone else likely has a proper URL for
it.  Failing that, I could upload it somewhere like Mediafire (one of the surviving free
filehost services) for you.

Of course, you would still need to purchase NB, if you don't already have it.
Though it took a long time for me to be convinced, I came to the conclusion that
this was a prudent move.  Periodically, there are upgrade discounts available for
Xy users.  Whether it is Win 7 or the forthcoming Win 8 we're talking about, I would
not place any sizable wagers on continuing compatibility of the DOS-era Xywrite.
(Even though there may be some viable workarounds, like virtual machines.  But
that may get fairly technical for many users, rather quickly.)

   Jordan