Indexing - XyIII+ request

Dear XyWriters,

4.018 did not do the trick.
Since I had such a good experience with my last index on XyIII+, I found an old disk for that and have it running (v. 3.54, 1988). But I do not have the book any more, and the Xy4 commands do not work. I can't even remember how to get help! Can anyone tell me the commands for marking from a list, extracting an index, and HELP? I recall seeing a discussion of the virtues of XyIII+ vs. Xy4 in the archives, so I'm hoping some XyIII+ admirer can send this to me.
For the record, I made one large file of the whole book; it is 741,665
characters long. It has served me well for searching various words through
the whole book.
When I ran a short test list through it (only 10 words) to mark for
indexing, and then extracted the index, all the page numbers were correct.
However, CORRECT did bizarre things, and did not mark all the words. It
would skip over entire sections and not mark anything, then resume again. I
studied these sections and their surroundings carefully in expanded mode
and could not find anything that would cause this to happen. I thought at
first this was because the file was too large, and when I ran it on one
extract it marked everything, but then on another it didn't. It also
embedded an  within a  command, always at the same place, no matter
what I did.
I can get Xy4 to work for me with a lot of manual intervention, but I would
also like to try it with XyIII+.

Many thanks!
Kerala

Kerala J. Snyder
Professor Emerita of Musicology, Eastman School of Music
kerala.snyder@xxxxxxxx
NB! ksyr@mail... and ksyr@uhura... will cease to exist July 1, 2002 and will no longer be forwarded. If you have one of these in your address book, please change it.

204 Canner Street
New Haven, CT 06511