Re: Porting DLG funcs $0-$9|$A-$Z to U2

	All of this is prefatory to introducing
	a simple procedure by which *all* func $x
	definitions, not merely specific named ones,
	can be relocated en masse from .DLG to .U2.
	All that's required in the .DLG file is a
	single Type-5 frame:

		{{5$?}}
		{2}>JM 2.Q2 {2}
			--Carl Distefano

I CAN'T EMPHASIZE THIS STRONGLY ENOUGH: To avoid
destroying the file, I urge anyone contemplating
editing the nbWin .DLG file to read the warning
on the page at my site that Carl mentions
http://www.escape.com/~yesss/_x45xpl.htm!!! Although
storing the xyWin (or probably other .DLG) file(s)
isn't as definitively likely to be destructive unless
you take certain precautions, reading that warning
before editing any *.DLG still wouldn't hurt. The
page also explains why I *wanted* to enable $[0-9/A-Z]
vs using available alternatives like &[0-9/A-Z].

	Just now, e.g., I can't persuade a subroutine
	to go to a Sig+ AlternateScreen to open the
	file listed at the cursor--a trivial xpl
	operation that can be coded in xyWrite 3
	literally in about 10 seconds. No doubt it
	can be done in Sig+, but why waste more hours--
			--http://www.escape.com/~yesss/_x45xpl.htm

	That's strange, Annie. I assume you mean that
	a directory is displayed in the alternate screen
	and you want to CAll the file under the cursor
	in that directory. Why not simply this:

		AS >BX ca Q2 ;*;

	Takes about 10 seconds to write, and it works.
				--Carl

Thanks, Carl. When I revisit the section of code where
I wanted to do that I'll try your solution. It does seem
perfectly illustrative of why porting xpl to Signature
from xyW3--where (more) simply this
	AS BC ed XC
does the job--is so discouraging. Who would know those
extra steps are necessary and why? I did finally give up
on that one, so am grateful for the tip. ... Ciao. 		--a

	xyWin+nbWin+xyW3 !xyWWWiz Web assistants +
	xyWrite 3 supplements !xyWise and !xyWiz +
	Wolfgang Bechstein's seafaring adventures: