Re: Power Users and TTG?

Mr. Frank,

Thank you very much for your impassioned defense of your product.
 I have no desire to "suck up" to you--that's not how I operate.
But I do appreciate what you have posted in re the Windows
version. For all our whining, it is clearly a superior product,
the only one that lets me blow away all the menu garbage and use
the command line. Obviously, you have to market your product to
where the users are, and that, unfortunately is Windows.

I believe the PC environment today is similar to that point in
time when the automobile was just becoming something for
everybody rather than for experts. I.e., when one was no longer
expected to be mechanic as well as driver. So, like it or not,
we now have PC users who are no longer capable of doing copy
a:*.* c:\xy\data, or whatever, and you must cater to those
people.

I, too, however, continue to use the DOS version for most of my
tasks, as I suspect most people who learned to use PCs prior to
1991 continue to do as much as possible.

You may be interested to learn that many of your customers are
University
Presses. If you wish to contact me here at Delphi, or at
lb136@xxxxxxxx or call Columbia University Press at
212-666-1000 (x7109) I would be most pleased to talk with you at
some length at how I use your products and I will also give you
the names of colleagues at other university presses, as well as
encourage you to attend our annual meeting, which will be in late
June in Nashville.
  Thanks.

--Leslie Bialler--
PC Systems Manager