Re: file dating in Xy 3.54

Alan,

I'm using 3.55 without the dating display problems you describe.

I don't think you want to upgrade to 3.56. The main difference, I think, is
the "de-hancement" to eliminate the auto-expansion feature, in response to
a lawsuit from the company that made PRD+.

At 09:08 PM 11/27/98 +0100, Alan Lothian wrote:

>Thanks for your suggestions re DOS commands; tried that years
> ago. Whatever it is, it is much more deep-rooted. Anyone out
>there with 3.54?
>
>Incidentally, I am deeply reluctant to upgrade to 4 (not because
>I am short of $129, fortunately) but out of profound
>technological conservatism. But is there any way I can upgrade
>legally to, say, 3.56?

___________________
STARR: Well, I think -- I'm not sure I would readily agree with that, and
let me just say this: conflict of interest analysis is -- as you well know,
because you're a partner in a very prestigious law firm -- is very
technical, and very complicated, and very careful evaluation has to be
made. And that's why, I'm sure at your firm as we do at our firm -- the
firm from which I'm on leave of absence -- we have a partner who is
dedicated to the issue -- to the analysis of these very issues. So these
are things that you assess all the facts -- what is a conflict? As you
know, the issue of conflict is one that is, at times, a very -- very much a
judgment call, that reasonable persons have to have an enormous amount of
information in order to come to that judgment.