Re: Beginner's question + Euroscript.

Hi Martin,

thank you for the most appreciated help & hints!
I have actually been trying my hands on several latex-editors,
e.g. TexnicCenter. Whenever using Latex editors - even WYSIYG editors like Lyx -
I seem to be primarily preoccupied by formating and typesetting- matters.
And Lyx does not work well with Biblatex.

Bakoma with the split-screen options indeed appears to be a promising step forward.
Still it is not exactly what I'm having - kind of obsessively - on my mind:

I would like to have one(!) simple, fast & efficient and basic editor like XY that lets me
concentrate on pure simple text which, afterwards, by a keystroke and without much formating hasstle
could be converted into the desired format.

One other slightly offtopic remark. Please tell me - and I do consider this to be very likely - if I'm
drawing wrong conclusions here: But after having tested Word against Latex against Xy4 and having
compared the quality of the respective postscript printouts, the Xy4-Postscripts look without any doubt the best.
I'm using the Times-postscript font in Xy4, Times New Roman in Word and Times (or alternatively
twfonts which is supposed to be Times New Roman and looks very bad) in Latex. Could it be that
the ASCII-Times font that Xy4 uses is typographically somehow superior? Or does Xy happen to use a better
Postscript-Driver? You see me a little confused here.

Thererfore sorry in case I'm confusing. As you will have noticed, I'm not a very experienced pc-user but
willing to learn. ;-)