Re: Tame and keyboard shortcuts

At 09:13 AM 8/29/2008, Paul Breeze wrote:
I've had to give up using XY4 and Tame because there is an unacceptable delay when using keyboard shortcuts for navigating around text. Movements assigned to single keys, such as Carl's Home and End assignments work fine. However anything like Ctrl-leftcursor which I use to move along one word at a time lags dreadfully. Is this anybody else's experience and if so is there a solution?
What version of TAME are you using, Paul? If it's 5.1, put the
following in XYWrite.app.tam, which sits (or should) in \TAME
5.1\Settings folder. Put the lines at the end of the file:

/KeyGroupDef GroupName = Custom1
   RepeatChannel=BIOS RepeatRate=25
   IncludeScan=#53   ;** DEl   ...
If that doesn't work, I'll send you my XYWrite.app.tam offlist for you to try. I'm sure Harry will weigh in as well.
Michael Norman