UNDO struggles

I'm narrowing down the field of the problems. I've found that merely
issuing $K results in an "access denied" error.

Since $K begins by calling $T, this must be the locus baddus.
Debugging the $T frame, by moving a around, the code that produces the "access denied" turns out to be this:

="[">
or, to capture the right ascii (240) for what may appear as an equal sign above:

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
-nd
XPLeNCODE
I tried removing that whole IF . . . EI section of the code, but that produced "access denied" after:

)>BX del/nv
I'm wondering what this all means. Does it have to do with the "read only" status?

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx