Re: Getting the right W2K version

I haven't tried Parallels with Win2K, but it works beautifully with Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro. Nota Bene (latest beta) runs very smoothly, and when I copied my standard XyWrite 4 directory into its virtual drive C, that ran pretty much as expected. It's been so long since I printed from Xy4, though, that I can't remember all the ins and outs. Parallels makes any printer connected to the Mac available as though it were a Windows printer, but it apparently doesn't make this immediately available to a DOS window.
Try (using your own path in place of mine): net use lpt1 \\Posy\HP4050
Myron On Apr 4, 2014, at 1:55 AM, Kari Eveli wrote: > I haven't used Parallels, but I think you could try it. VirtualBox is what I use, and it is rock-solid. > > Best regards, > > Kari Eveli > LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) > lexitec@xxxxxxxx > > *** Lexitec Online *** > Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html > Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/ > > > 4.4.2014 1:03, Harry Binswanger wrote: >> Thank you, Kari! Any reason I shouldn't use Parallels Desktop for >> Windows, with which I'm more familiar than VMware, to create the virtual >> machine? >> >> --Harry >