Re: SETCFG command added to change config options on the fly

Wengier,
It would be convenient if there were a way to get a display of any CONFIG setting that is currently in effect. In XyWrite, we can find that out for its settings variables by entering, on the command line, VA/NV xx, where xx is the two-letter mnemonic for the variable in question.

Regards,
Harry
Hi all,
In the latest build (build 2016.10.19) of vDosPlus I have added a new feature to change many config options on the fly using the new SETCFG command. For example, you can change the vDosPlus window title on the fly using:

SETCFG TITLE=New title

To change the mouse wheel setting on the fly:

SETCFG WHEELMOD=3,2

And to turn on the speaker from the DOS command line:

SETCFG SPEAKER=ON
There are many more examples, but please note that it is impossible for the SETCFG command to support all config options. You can type "HELP SETCFG" for a list of config options supported by the SETCFG command if you are using vDosPlus build 2016.10.19 or later. Hope this will be useful.

Wengier