Re: TYP

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:51:35 -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:

"If it is unable to create the BATfile for some reason,
then something is screwed up at your end."

Dear Robert

Something is screwed up my end. PAULTEST1.FRM reports BATFILE not created, however many times I
retry.

On the matter of archive bits, I was not sufficiently explicit in my earlier email. There are no
archive bits set between C:\program files an ... \bin. I checked this first, then attempted to
call directories from each level in turn.

Commanding KME.EXE from a dos prompt does, indeed, open a new instance of the command processor.

I have copies of both SETUP.PS and FO.PS. The former is in the ghostscript directory and the
latter in the same directory as the file I attempted to TYP.

I don't have REXX or XYShell loaded. I understand that this will not affect TYP, though it does
affect other routines.

I have copied POSTGHST.PRN AND POSTGHST.TPL into my editor directory, but not POSTCHAR.TST. I
have assumed the latter is not necessary. I hope I am not wrong.

Paul