Re: Re Is it a M$ world?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jo Beverley"
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 3:39 PM
Subject: Re Is it a M$ world?

I certainly hope not.
I'm editor of the magazine Weird Tales, typesetter for same, and one of several typesetters for Wildside Press.
What I prefer is a digital file to supplement the original
on-paper submission when we decided to buy something. The file
easiest for me is a pure text file with italics designated by
some or other pure text coding, such as , or **, or the
XyWrite codes.
Lacking that, I'll take a MicroSquish rtf or Word file and import
it into a Ventura-10 template. If the result is clean enough,
I'll edit it in Ventura; if not, I'll export it from Ventura to a
pure text file and edit it in XyWrite 3.57 -- or else export it
into rtf, and use XyWrite to strip out all the bloat, and edit
what remains.
George H Scithers