AW: Re: Wireless access (off topic)

Robert Holmgren  wrote:
>>if you harbor the land, that's what you are -- a temporary caretaker. <<
Oh, well said. An admirable sentiment, admirably expressed: "harbor the land." And no, should any nitpicking pedant think so, it's NOT a mixed metaphor. Look up " harbor, v." in the OED. But I'm wondering if a pun on "harbor, s2" was intended, esp. with the mention of an arboretum? Very nice if deliberate, happy if by accident.
I do NOT want to get involved in the ethical debate (my first premises
are too far removed from others'--certainly from Harry's and
Robert's--for it to be profitable), but my pre-Vatican II moral theology
text seems to come down on Robert's side (he will be horrified to hear):
the situation under discussion may violate commutative justice in some
other way, but it's certainly not theft ("the unjust taking of another's
property, the owner being reasonably unwilling, with the intention of
keeping it") There's no "keeping" involved, and we don't know whether
the owner is unwilling.

Patricia M. Godfrey