Re: Invisible line break

> I checked every ascii possibility between 0 and 255 and
> got a strange result. Add to the above these ASCII values,
> in decimal

For the following, are you using the built-in separator
table, or are you writing and loading your own SE: table to
include these characters?
The SE table I used was, I think, default. BTW, a hex dump of it is
interesting:
it has the single-byte (09) tab character, then the three-byte versions of
0D 0A (cr-lf). I guess the latter is due to the table's need to refer to,
but not produce, the cr-lf.
03 -- Doesn't work for me
What are you seeing onscreen? For me, the 03 in Xy does not appear as the
heart-character; it looks like an arrowhead pointing left. It is indeed
the 03, and that part of the Xy file, when viewed with list.com, shows a heart.
13 -- *Forces* (!) a wrap. Anyway, a paragraph (not word) separator
126 -- Your discretionary hyphen char??

yes.
155 -- Doesn't work here
169 -- Nope
181 -- "
182 -- "
198 -- "
199 -- "
200+ -- Don't work here
Okay all these other ones (above 127) are definitely in the weird category.
I don't get consistent results, and my cursor doesn't want to move past
certain of them (I have removed from the file the guillemets). Maybe it's
that screen writing character, the superscript eta.
Anyway, I'm over my head here on character renditions. The 155 is what I
use to print the cents symbol, and it shows up in a Xyscreen with square
brackets, like this, after a string of xxx's in the text (I'm using 'c' for
the cents symbol below):

xxxxxxxxxx[155]
[155]c
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
The bracket numbers are in blue bold (like functions)--even though I created these assignments, it's been so long ago now that I forget what the blue brackets mean, bitwise. The underlying hex is just 31 35 9B.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx