NBWIN -- frequent crashes

Has anyone else been having bad crash problems with NBWIN? I've had the
program for a couple of weeks now, and discover that it goes down with
monotonous regularity, sometimes by itself, sometimes taking the entire
system with it. This morning it's gone down at least ten times in the
past hour, thus prompting this message. Earlier I said that NBWIN
struck me as a work in progress, but I would have hoped a bit more
progress would have been made before it was put out on the market.

The problem comes in working with chapter-length files of a certain
complexity (full of footnotes and such), particularly when I'm trying to
edit footnotes. But isn't that sort of scholarly work what NB is
supposed to be good at? Nor did an e-mail to their tech support some
time ago bring any response.

Compared to NBWIN, MS WORD is a model of stability. There are other
minor problems; there is no way, for instance, to get the envelope
printing program to work as advertised. I've tried all sorts of
permutations and they all fail, sending me back either to Xy4DOS or MS
WORD. Any help cheerfully accepted, for at this point I'm sorely
tempted to see if I can get my money back.

Nick Clifford.