Converting TABS to equivalent SPACES ?

I noticed that a file I d/l each month and convert from HTML to Text
with DELTAGS, always comes out with a whole lot of embedded Tabs
throughout. They make the lines come out rather badly. (I thought
DELTAGS was supposed to render out the Tabs, but maybe I misunderstood
its design. In any case, there might be cases where you would want
this, and other situations where you would just as soon keep them.) I
could do some kinda CI, but that would likely toss out some "good"
Tabs with the bad. CV maybe, but that could be more trouble than it's
worth.

So I looked through jumbo U2, in search of something that might
convert found Tabs to the hard space equivalents. Maybe that's not
exactly the way you'd want to do this, but I haven't tested any
possible results yet. (I know that the Tab condition is dependent on
defaults one _may have_ set, including any for RT.) Anyway, I found
no such routine in U2. My keyword search may have been inadequate.

I did find the setting for TB= (0 or 1), but could not see how to
apply this in practice. What's the deal here ?

Jordan