Re: Spell-checker problem

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sat, 11 Dec
2010 01:55:46 -0500

Harry:

> After years of yeoman service, the Microlytics spell checker Xy
> uses has begun signaling as errors every word that begins with
> a quote. E.g., "When [with the opening quote] is signaled as an
> error. Any solutions?

Check your Xy directory to see if your Microlytics files have these
specs:

WORD   OVR    22784   5-20-1987 12:13pm
WFBG   SYN   325952   3-04-1987  6:22pm

If they do not, they may be corrupted. If you need fresh copies, let
me know and I'll send them to you (or visit xywrite.com).

If the files look OK, then something else is going on -- an
emulation glitch (IIRC you're running Xy on a Mac, right?) or an
unintended consequence of some kind. Have you started doing anything
differently lately?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx